Xtreme Tennis News

Dr. Ivo Greatest of All Time

Spread rumors and talk about your favorite and least favorite players

Moderators: mimi, funches, ccm, Kevin, mariam, consafos, srockter, louise, ChrisM

Postby Forehand_lob on Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:21 am

I think it's a nickname that Brad Gilbert gave him, or maybe it was one from the Tennis-X Xbot. It's a play on words with Dr. Evil (of Austin Powers fame).
Forehand_lob

Doctor Evil, I mean Ivo

Postby Raphael on Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:02 pm

I understand the possible source of Ivo being a Doctor now.

But, I was thinking it had something to do with getting a shot in the arm, or elsewhere when receiving his penetrating service?

Or that the doctor will "cure" you with his devastating service?

Or, something like Doctor "J", of Basketball fame?

Or something?

Or maybe he is really a doctor of somethin?

Mahrlvellouusss Darhhlllinnnngggg! :twisted:
Raphael

Re: Dr. Ivo Greatest of All Time

Postby funches on Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:00 pm

For the first time in his career, Dr. Ivo played a match without serving an ace today, losing to Monfils in straight sets.

Somebody needs to check with Davydenko's brother or trainer or wife (or friend of his brother, trainer or wife) and find out if they gave any inside information to online bettors about Ivo having his arm amputated before taking the court.
funches

Postby Forehand_lob on Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:25 am

With his Wimbledon QF, he should roughly go up to 30th in the rankings. He'll have a chance to go higher with the Roger's Cup, but has a lot of points to defend in Cincy and can crash back down the rankings if he doesn't do well.
Forehand_lob

Postby funches on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:03 pm

Dr Ivo just dropped 71 aces to beat Zeballos 22-20 in the 5th at the Australian, so he is the record-holder for aces at the Australian, Roland Garros, the U.S. Open and Davis Cup.

The original point of this thread, which was widely disputed at the time, was that Karlovic had the greatest serve of a all time, although I omitted the word "serve" accidentally when I posted it. Very few people dispute it anymore. When it comes to first serve at least, Dr. Ivo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME.
funches

Previous

Return to Players