1. Pick quarterfinalists, semifinalists, finalists, and champions for both ATP and WTA draws. You will receive 7.5 points for each correct quarterfinalist, 5 points for each correct semifinalist and finalist, and 20 points for each correct champion. (Rafa's Rule is in effect as he's won 3 slams in a row; picking him as champ will only get you 10 points if he wins).
2. SUBSTITUTE PICK: Pick a player from each draw to replace one of your quarterfinalists. If this player makes the quarters, they will take the place of whomever you picked in that section of the draw
3. BIGGEST LOSER: pick the highest seed that will lose in the earliest round from each draw. The player must be a top-16 seed. You get 5 points if your seed is the highest to lose and 2 points if your seed falls in the same round as the highest seed to lose.
4. WINNING UGLY: Pick a player in each draw. If that player was the quarterfinalist who lost the most games en route to the QFs (i.e. within rounds 1-4), you get 5 points. If that player did not lose the most games but lost more games than anyone picked, you get 2 points.
1. DOUBLES ARE AN IMPORTANT PART OF THE GAME: Pick the winner of the men's, women's, and mixed doubles events (the draws for these are usually posted later, so you may amend your original post to include these). A correct pick will get you 5 bonus points for the men's and women's pick and 3 bonus points for the mixed. Picking the non-winning finals team will get you 2 points for the men's and women's and 1 point for the mixed.
*** Each bagel set your quarterfinalists bake is worth 2 points. Each breadstick is worth 1 point. This counts your substitute pick, too.
***Unseeded quarterfinalists are worth an extra half point for every seed they take out en route.
***WTF bonus: if you have a pick that makes it to the quarterfinals that no one else made (not even as a substitute pick), you'll gain an extra 5 points for it.
It should be before play starts, but I'm flexible so long as not that much of the tournament has already happened. When in doubt, post your picks (this means you, lou)!
They'll be up later in the week, but here's the address for them
Men's singleshttp://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/sco ... index.html
Women's singleshttp://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/sco ... index.html
Men's doubleshttp://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/sco ... index.html
Women's doubleshttp://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/sco ... index.html
Mixed doubleshttp://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/sco ... index.html