Xtreme Tennis News

patrick rafter

Talk about men's tennis

Moderators: mimi, funches, ccm, Kevin, mariam, consafos, srockter, louise, ChrisM

Postby Richard on Fri May 20, 2005 4:16 pm

Pat Rafter allegedly said:
"Mate, they’re not wearing comfy undies".

:lol: :lol: :lol:
'Bet they paid him a mint!!! :lol: :lol: 8)
"Stop right where you are. You know the score pal. If you're not cop, you're little people." - Blade Runner 1981
Bryant, to Deckard....

The movie quote of our time.
Richard

Postby Richard on Fri May 20, 2005 8:28 pm

jamumafa1 wrote:haha yeah that would have been funny. i think i've heard of another sportsman that did that but i can't think who

It's actually quite easy to get your head swelled by meeting famous people,...or rather maybe...to get that dizzy bewildered, lost feeling, and yet still keep talking... :oops: ... :D ...:roll:
"Stop right where you are. You know the score pal. If you're not cop, you're little people." - Blade Runner 1981
Bryant, to Deckard....

The movie quote of our time.
Richard

Postby Natasha on Tue May 24, 2005 5:30 pm

Richard wrote:
jamumafa1 wrote:haha yeah that would have been funny. i think i've heard of another sportsman that did that but i can't think who

It's actually quite easy to get your head swelled by meeting famous people,...or rather maybe...to get that dizzy bewildered, lost feeling, and yet still keep talking... :oops: ... :D ...:roll:

I suppose he understands now, why many of his fans seem like loons. Their utterly bewildered by him. :D :D :D
Natasha

Postby onewoman74 on Tue May 24, 2005 7:06 pm

Happy new baby!!!! Lara gave birth to a girl!!! Congrats to the Rafter Family!!! :) :) :)

Baby joy for Rafter
Leo Schlink
25may05

TENNIS great Pat Rafter yesterday became a father for the second time when his wife Lara gave birth to a girl.

Lara delivered a 4kg daughter at 3am in Sydney. The baby is yet to be named. The couple have a two-year-old son, Joshua.

An elated Rafter said Lara and his daughter were "really healthy".

"Everyone is really healthy and happy," he said. "Josh thinks it's great, too.

"He's very excited."

Rafter, 32, retired from the professional circuit four years ago.

He was named Australian of the Year in 2002.
'I'd like to be in his shoes for one day,' says Mats Wilander, 'to know what it feels like to play that way.'
on Roger Federer
onewoman74

Postby pessimum on Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:23 am

Âû íå çíàåòå, ÷òî ñëó÷èëîñü ñ http://proxycheker.ru

Âñ¸ íîðìàëüíî, âñ¸ ðàáîòàåò - çàõîäè ïî ýòîé ññûëêå http://www.checkproxy.com
pessimum

Postby jamumafa1 on Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:34 am

FUCK OFF PESSIMUM. for fuck sake. stop giving links cos no one can understand what the hell it means becuase you write in another language berfore it.
"Frank Shields was always half-way to being smashed. Luckily for him, he was so good looking, no body cared" Quote John Haylett
jamumafa1

Postby lalame on Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:46 pm

^^LOL. but i must agree that pessimum is already getting on my nerves. i don't know what the fuck he's saying.
lalame

Postby dubsplayer on Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:27 pm

I'll be seeing Pat play Monday night in Mamaroneck and Tuesday in Phili. Will post pictures if they come out (fingers crossed) and if I can figure out how to post them.
dubsplayer

Postby onewoman74 on Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:14 am

dubsplayer wrote:I'll be seeing Pat play Monday night in Mamaroneck and Tuesday in Phili. Will post pictures if they come out (fingers crossed) and if I can figure out how to post them.

Oh please do!! I love Pat Rafter...i'm gonna check out if there's tv coverage of WTT.

Thanks!!! :D
'I'd like to be in his shoes for one day,' says Mats Wilander, 'to know what it feels like to play that way.'
on Roger Federer
onewoman74

Postby di-10S on Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:13 am

Saw Pat last nite @WTT- he is even hotter in person!!!!!!!!! {shriek!!!!}
got lots of photos that had better come out!!!!!
Great to see him in person, unfortunately he lost, think he hurt his shoulder (oh no!). Everyone kept coming up, even courtside during the match, for autographs & photos and he was nice and obliged everyone.
It really was like a photo op w/some tennis involved

sighhhhhhh i'm a happy girl today!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :D :D
Asked if there's a chance of getting the ponytail back- "no"
You all might need to be sitting down for this. Trust me.
GOLD: di-10S 208.5
SILVER: HoB 207
SPECIAL SILVER: funches 164.5
SPECIAL GOLD: Forehand_lob 145.5
di-10S

Postby srockter on Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:36 am

Oh wow, lucky you!! Are you able to show us your photos on here? Hope so!!

My brother's in Southern California now and he's going to the WTT tournaments there. Those events sound like fun!
"Love means nothing in tennis, but it's everything in life."
srockter

Postby dubsplayer on Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:44 pm

No worries Di, he didn't hurt his shoulder and played much better in Phili then he did in NY.

I have over 400 pictures from both nights and when I get them re-sized and re-named I'll post a few of the really good ones.

It was absolutely fantastic seeing Pat again. An incredible two nights - there's just no one else like him.
dubsplayer

Postby tennisbabe on Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:57 pm

Every day I long to see a headline saying Rafter's making a comeback to the tour.

I know it's not going to happen, but I keep hoping and it's wrong to crush someone's dreams, right? :( :wink:
tennisbabe

Postby dubsplayer on Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:56 pm

If someone can explain to me how to post pictures on this board, I've resized a few for some friends who couldn't wait any longer.

[/img]
dubsplayer

Postby ponzu on Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:44 pm

dubsplayer wrote:If someone can explain to me how to post pictures on this board

If your picture is already hosted (stored) somewhere on internet, you right-click on it, select Properties, highlight the entire URL where it says Address (something like http://www.tennis-x.com/images/logo.gif), copy it (Ctrl-C), open a post on this board, click Img button above the text box, paste the address of your picture (Ctrl-V), and click the Img button again. Clicking the Img button opens and closes the {IMG}{/IMG} tag, you could, of course, write it by hand.

Now, if you need help getting your picture hosted on Internet, that's another question. Some photo editors (one of which you may be using to edit the pcis) have free or paid hosting service. But try ImageShack and see if it might work for you: http://www.imageshack.us/

It allows you to upload pics from your computer and reference them in your post. They even do the hard work for you - finding and copying the URL.

Good luck!

I have pics of Rafter from WTT in NB, too. Most are crappy - they play very late in the day. I also have one where he posed for me in the player lounge. I did not want to keep the great man waiting while I focused, so I rushed and it looks like crap.
ponzu

PreviousNext

Return to ATP