Xtreme Tennis News

2006 Tennis-X Blogging Contest

General tennis talk and discussion

Moderators: mimi, funches, ccm, Kevin, mariam, consafos, srockter, louise, ChrisM

French Open: The Warrior

Postby bdlomax on Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:56 pm

Coming into today’s Men’s final at Roland Garros, the two combatants, Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal, were pursuing their own versions of history. Federer hadn’t lost a match in a major (don’t call it a Grand Slam or Bud Collins will spank you) since last year’s semifinal defeat at the hands of Nadal. With a win in the final, Federer would hold all four majors at one time, thus completing a “Roger Slamâ€
bdlomax

Postby XBot on Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:17 am

Alright alright alright, time to rock it. Time to seperate the wheat from the chaff, or something like that.

The X-Editors will spend this week determining the best of the best and next week announce the winner.

We will also be taking into consideration the opinions of the writers and readers of this thread over the last two months. Please, post who you think are the TOP TWO finishers and why. We value your input.

See you next week.
XBot

Postby jamumafa1 on Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:53 pm

My vote goes for whoever didn't post more than once. The rest of you look desperate
"Frank Shields was always half-way to being smashed. Luckily for him, he was so good looking, no body cared" Quote John Haylett
jamumafa1

Postby Ashe on Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:58 pm

jamumafa1 wrote:My vote goes for whoever didn't post more than once. The rest of you look desperate

Brilliant!!
Ashe

Postby BeerMe on Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:30 pm

i vote for anyone who used "I" less than 300 times.
"Leela: Your face can take a lot of punishment. That’s good to know.
Fry: There’s a lot about my face you don’t know."
-- Futurama
BeerMe

Best blogger

Postby Karlos on Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:41 am

I go with CraigP, on the strength of the Sam Quarry interview alone he deserves it. Of all the submissions, that was the most original, and the one that taught me something I didn't know.
The Chinese Federation on Wimbledon: "Grass Isn't For Chows"
Karlos

Postby DStern127 on Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:50 am

low blow Karlos :). i thought you and I were friends like you and CraigP are real friends outside of the boards..

ha!

good luck craig.
DStern127

Postby Karlos on Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:59 am

if I could have voted for 2, you would have gotten the other vote, DStern.
The Chinese Federation on Wimbledon: "Grass Isn't For Chows"
Karlos

Postby BeerMe on Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:31 pm

tangerine wrote:
LOVE_FEDERER wrote:
I thought that it would be interesting to note that each of these people who are blogging on this thread all joined Tennis-X this week. Coincidence?

All the texts read like the same person wrote them. Coincidence?

They are also all badly written with extreme bias.

Perfect for tennis-x!

youre really not familiar with the blogging concept are you little girl. blogs are not new that has to be unbiased.
-- Futurama
BeerMe

Postby BeerMe on Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:07 pm

the winner gets to replace joel drucker and his horrible stories at cbssportsline.com or whatever that site is.
-- Futurama
BeerMe

And The Winner Is...

Postby XBot on Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:14 pm

Congrats to lynnlovestennis, the winner of the Tennis-X "Next Great Tennis Blogger" contest, or whatever we called it.

The winner will be contacted after Wimbledon once our slack-ass IT people create the new blog input matrix. If for any reason the winner is unable to comply with the blogging rules and regulations, the second-place winner, CraigP will step in. Or you can pull a Tonya Harding on lynnlovestennis and step in right away. Regardless, nice job, CraigP will be the odds-on favorite for next year's event.

Nice job all, some great stuff, and we look forward to seeing the winners work after Wimbledon.

X-Staff
XBot

Congratulations, Lynn!

Postby CraigP on Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:51 pm

Just wanted to give my kudos to Lynn. You did a great job, and I wish you the best of luck for the coming year and beyond. Very well done.

CraigP
CraigP

Postby DStern127 on Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:50 pm

congrats lynn. well-deserved.

XBot, thanks for making me feel like the big LOSER. ha!

mind giving the three of us some feedback and some insight into how you all selected the winner? especially CraigP and I. i'm sure he would appreciate it as well since i think we were the only two to start at the beginning and end at the end with a post or more every week.

Thanks again for the opportunity.

Dan
DStern127

Postby lynnlovestennis on Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:17 pm

Hottest! Though I didn't really prepare a speech....

Thanks for the well wishes dudes. I'll try to make sure no one goes to jail or the ER.

Except maybe Cronin.
lynnlovestennis

Postby bruno on Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:25 pm

You slept with a bot???

OK, jokes aside, congrats. Must have read one of your entries, not too bad. Good luck for Wimby.
"Rafa being 6-1 against Roger is not a source of pride for me (...) I would have liked that Federer could have won the Grand Slam, because I think he's a phenomenal player. For me, he is the player I enjoy watching the most." - Toni Nadal
bruno

Previous

Return to General Discussion